I closed my pool for the winter and a few weeks later my pool is completely empty.

rpaige1013

Dec 25, 2023
Louisville, KY
I have an above ground oval shaped pool, about 18'x33'. Obviously I have a leak. I'm just unsure of what to do for the rest of winter? We've been trying to drain the water off of the tarp (it's rained heavily here for the past few days), so that it doesn't pull too hard and the pool collapse. Is that sustainable to do for the next several months? I don't know what else to do to get us through the winter until we can get in and take a look

Take the tarp off asap! If you leave it on the weight of the water and stuff can pull it in and pull the walls in. Then you need to make some stakes outside the pool to tie some rope to to hold the pool up from the outside and put something (1x2) on the inside to keep pressure on the inside to keep that up. I would leave the liner inside the pool to protect the bottom of the pool until you can find and put in a new liner.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.