I can't get the lid (backwash/multiflow valve thing) back on my sand filter.

jay040

Nov 8, 2018
San Antonio, TX
I have a Pentair Tagelus TA60 sand filter. I removed the lid for the first time to replace the sand, and I can't get the lid all the way in to reattach the clamps that go around. It's slightly uneven to where I can't get the clamps to connect both the lid and rim.

Any help or suggestions as to how to get the thing on there?

Attachments

• IMG_6543.jpeg
    IMG_6543.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to TFP!!! :swim:

Can you post a wider picture so we have some context. I looks like your tank has settled on one side creating the gap. If you try to force it, you will put strain on the pvc. You likely will have to relevel the tank. Only way to tell is to look at the wider picture. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!!! :swim:

Can you post a wider picture so we have some context. I looks like your tank has settled on one side creating the gap. If you try to force it, you will put strain on the pvc. You likely will have to relevel the tank. Only way to tell is to look at the wider picture. Thanks!
Thank you. Do you mean level as in make sure it's on a flat surface, or somehow modify the shape/structure of the tank?

Attachments

• IMG_6548.jpeg
    IMG_6548.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.