I can't get my Pentair Screen logic to work with Starlink Internet

Craig D

Nov 18, 2023
Houston
Hello all!

Hopefully someone can help. I have been using my Pentair Screen logic software for years on my comcast internet. Recently we switched to Starlink. I connected the pentair adapter to the ethernet port on the starlink, and powered it up. I also hit the reset on the adpater 3 times. It does not seem to be connecting to the system now, or the app. Can someone please help!

Welcome to TFP.

When you changed networks your IP addressing changed. The Protocol Adapter (PA) is stuck with the old IP address and range.

The 3 button reset often does not work to get the adapter into DHCP mode to obtain a new IP address. The Screenlogic adapter must have a firmware version of 5.2.736 or above for the reset functionality to work. Previous firmware versions does NOT support resetting to clear its IP settings, so don't keep trying.

Pentair Support can tell you when your Screenlogic device last connected to them and what IP address it was.

If you can connect the PA back to your Comcast router and then manually communicate with it using SLConfig on a PC connected to your Comcast network you can change the IP addressing to what your Starlink network needs.

Do you know what your old and new IP addressing is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.