Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi TFP'ers,
Hope you all are enjoying the Spring.

So, it wasn't until recently that I learned of hth and their 3-way test kit (3 Way Pool Test Kit Refill | hth® pools ). I usually buy/refill my Taylor k-1000 kit for testing pH (pool/spa), and bromine (spa). I seldom test for chlorine in my pool using this kit, as if I am going to test I rationalize I might as well do it right and know my FC.

Since middle class getting squeezed, and we all stretch our $ where/when we can, I realize this hth kit is a better value (HTH 3-Way Pool Refill Test Kit-1172 - The Home Depot ). But, you always get what you pay for. Therefore, I wonder if this hth kit isn't as reliable/proven as Taylor to test for the simple pH and bromine.

Does anyone have experience with this hth kit or products? If so, please share as I'd be interested in hearing. Thanks in advance.

B

Back in the day, when we were researching what OTO test to put in the TF-100 test kit, We felt the Comparator Block in the K-1000 was the best.....both for color matching and especially for longevity. My Comparator Block is 13+ years old and is still a good colorwise match to the new ones

That said, the OTO reagent is pretty much the same in all of them so it becomes a personal choice of how much you should spend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.