Howdy from Texas

TommeEnd

In The Industry
Apr 27, 2023
San Antonio
Greetings. We are at the beginning of our pool build. Happily, I found this site when I was looking for pictures of pools with Quartzscapes finishes. We decided to put in a pool and got our first estimates in March. Since then we have had estimates for moving electrical poles/wires and the septic system. Trying to decide on a good location in our rolling landscape has proven challenging. We have over 3 acres, but a good portion is wooded.

There is also a nice big empty field one side, but it’s not close to the house. We were trying to get the pool closer to the house, but ultimately decided to use the money it would cost to move all the obstacles on amenities. Architect has drawn up the plans, engineering has signed off, and we are (impatiently) waiting for our permit. I’m calling our build “The Mushroom Project.“ It started as a 15 x 30, lawn deck, no frills pool. Now it’s 20 x 40, travertine deck, and pavilion. Currently my wife is wondering if we should add a heater/chiller.

Our builder hasn’t had to bother with up-selling us on anything- we are doing it all for him! Haha! my wife said, “We’re spending so much already, might as well get everything we want.” The adventure has only just begun, but I’m eager to be done and sitting by the pool!