How to use suction-based vacuum with dual outlets?

I have a new 16 x 32 rectangular pool (52" deep), same 3 holes for the filter system. I am trying to resolve the cleaning issue by adding an additional filter I have from an older pool. However, I am not adding any holes to the pool. My issue is that I can't get the suction started. Any ideas on how to set this up?

I recommend cutting additional holes. It is really easy and much better that using a bunch if three way valves etc. I use two pumps on my Intex. One handles filtration, SWG and the heater. The other runs the Intex pool cleaner. Both are controlled by my home automation system, running on schedule with manual overide.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 141
I decided to go with a second pump configuration. I did not want to make a hole on the side of the pool so I just inserted the tubes through the corner hole. It was a pain to get the suction going but once I did, it's working great. I then connected a Wanda vacuum cleaner to the pipe (see images). Thanks for the idea.
Extra pump and Wanda 1.jpgExtra pump and Wanda 2.jpg

No that side on my pool does close. It closes at the t and at the return. I can close the return some and see if that works.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I'm having same prob, Last year I thought both suction ports worked equally, but noticed this year that only one has good suction, and better if i put a cap in the second suction, on the other suction, i have skimmer mounted, I'm really unsure of all of this, my husband passed last year, I can't find papers and just fumbling along, still murky and a little green on bottom, put chemicals in and just now getting as slight blue clearness to it.. Would like to use it some, but its a little confusing, don't even know, how much salt to put in to keep the salt part of it working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.