Gold Supporter
May 20, 2018
SE, Kansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 6th gen iPad that I want to use to stream music on while we are in the backyard. Currently we always use my iPhone and if I need to use the phone or leave, the music is interrupted. I bought a new iPad this spring and have no use for the old one. The wife thought that she wanted it so I linked all of her apple related items to the iPad. She hasn’t used it once so I want to take it and use it for everyone to stream while out back.

My main concern is if it is left out over night can someone tap into our apple accounts?
Would it be safer to wipe it to factory settings and just assign the iPad its own Apple ID? And add it to our family iTunes account.
I don’t think I need iCloud or any other programs for its intended use.

I do have a pass code on it but over time it will be shared with multiple people and not just family because it will be for everyone’s use.
It will just be used for streaming. Not sure what else we would need it for (any suggestions?). I do intend to take it inside after use but if I forget over night I just don’t want to be subjected to any surprises. It will be using our home Wi-Fi.

If someone has the iPad and knows the pass code and you have passwords saved in iCloud under that AppleId then those people can login to any password saved website. Not very secure.

If you create a new AppleID for the iPad then you will need to subscribe to Apple Music under that AppleID and pay again.

You want a locked down appliance that only runs the Apple Music app and nothing else.

Look at the Parental Controls on the iPAD and maybe you can sufficiently lock it down.

Last edited:
If someone has the iPad and knows the pass code and you have passwords caved in iCloud under that AppleId then those people can login to any password saved website. Not very secure.

If you create a new AppleID for the iPad then you will need to subscribe to Apple Music under that AppleID and pay again.

You want a locked down appliance that only runs the Apple Music app and nothing else.

Look at the Parental Controls on the iPAD and maybe you can sufficiently lock it down.
Thanks for the reply, I will look at what you have suggested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.