How to replace the skimmer?

From what I recall my Hayward wide mouth said to put the butterfly gasket over the wall and the back of the vinyl liner is to seal against the inside face of that gasket.
Trying to put it over the liner as well would require you to cut the liner before installing the skimmer which is risky, unless it's already cut. Not sure I would want the gasket over the liner regardless.

I followed the instructions and it hasn't leaked yet. No RTV either.
Some do say that, and it is not a bad installation, but many say (and it seems to be the general consensus that it is better) is to have it over the liner. You mount your faceplate, including making the holes. Then you cut your liner leaving about an inch all around the edges, cutting diagonally into the corners. You then remove the faceplate and skimmer, you fold the one inch flaps of liner over the edges of the wall, and then you put the gasket over all of that. then you reattach the faceplate and skimmer using the holes that you already made.

Reactions: JoeSelf and cj133
Some do say that, and it is not a bad installation, but many say (and it seems to be the general consensus that it is better) is to have it over the liner. You mount your faceplate, including making the holes. Then you cut your liner leaving about an inch all around the edges, cutting diagonally into the corners. You then remove the faceplate and skimmer, you fold the one inch flaps of liner over the edges of the wall, and then you put the gasket over all of that. then you reattach the faceplate and skimmer using the holes that you already made.

That's an interesting way to do it.
Wish Hayward had included that in their instructions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.