How to replace a section of PVC pipe?

Jun 23, 2017
Sparta, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I may need to replace a valve this summer as it was slowly leaking all last summer (it's to the spa, so it wasn't a major issue, but I'd like to get it fixed). However, I have no idea how you replace a section of PVC pipe - as I try and picture it in my mind it gets more and more complicated. I'm fine with electrics, but have never had any luck with plumbing. So I have pipe that goes
___
|
|

Where the * is the valve that would need to be replaced. Cutting out the valve would be easy enough, but then I have to somehow get the new valve into the gap, with enough extra material so that it will fit over the remaining pipe, and wiggle it around to fit, while my glue is drying on both ends of the connection. I just don't see how it works. Unfortunately, all the YouTube videos I've found have people demonstrating by glueing the pipe while holding it in mid-air, and only glueing one end, so that's not helpful at all - the glueing is the easy bit! Can anyone offer suggestions, or point me to a video of someone actually replacing a valve in the middle of a section of PVC pipe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.