How to properly plumb a return line

vcan

Jun 18, 2016
orlando
Hello,

I know I am probably overthinking this, but I'd rather do it now then find out after the new patio has been poured... So any help would greatly be appreciated.

I am moving my pool pump from one side of the house to the other. I am finally at the place where I am moving the plumbing and for the most part every line is a cut and connect (no trivia). There is one return line that I am questioning, though. In the picture I attached, currently the water comes in from one end, hits a bunch of T's and ends at the last jet. In my mind, the incoming water flow pressurizes the pipe and the jets are the pressure release. Since I am now coming from the other side of the house, and only have access to part of the pipe, I am debating how to connect it. In order to replicate the current in-flow of the return pipe , I would have to run an extra 6' of pipe, drop in 2 90's, and create a kind of loop to hit the end of the pipe where it's currently connected. What I am debating is, could I do whats in the second drawing where I put a T mid pipe and replace the incoming T with a 90. Pipe wise, I can connect that without an issue and it would make for a cleaner install. My debate is, if the first thing the returning water hits is a T, would that negatively affect the flow since it will hit the wall and have to split? And as much as I would prefer coming in from the far end, I just cant access that plumbing without ripping up patio.

So that is my debate... anything would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PoolLine.png
    PoolLine.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 8
I won't make that much of a difference. If fact, it would be difficult to measure the difference between the two methods. I would not be concerned.

If look at the variance in the following scenarios, you will see there really isn't that much of a difference even though these are bigger changes than what you are proposing:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.