How to lower the duration of my pool jets?

VinylDelight

Aug 9, 2022
MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool has 3 jets that shoot out from the ground around the pool, and they apparently help cooling, but I don't need that really. Moreover, I find them quite loud and was wondering how do I set them to run only for the first hour in the morning? I have a pentair easytouch and I watched a bit on youtube, but it doesn't exactly match up. My pool's schedule has only 1 schedule and all those "extra" things listed appear to have no setting, i.e. nothing actually appears to be the 3 pool jets. Part of the issue is, I suppose I don't even know what these "features" are called... what should I start with to try to address this please?

(Secondary question: is there any harm to turning off these jets?)

Thank you.

V,

I suspect you have what are called Deck-Jets..

They should be controlled by a Jandy valve and hopefully a valve actuator.

Show me a pic of the front panel of your EasyTouch, so I can read the labels over the buttons.

And show me a couple of pics of the plumbing at your equipment pad.

Do you have ScreenLogic that allows you to use your phone or PC to control your pool?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
(Secondary question: is there any harm to turning off these jets?)
Not so long as you don’t turn them off completely & allow stagnant non chlorinated water to build in the lines.
An hour or so a day or split up twice a day is sufficient to prevent this from occurring.
If you struggle with ph rise you may also notice a difference after lowering their run time since aeration increases ph.
When the dog days of summer get here you may want to increase their run time again to help cool the pool.
Jim will help you sort out how to control them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.