How to fix a liner tear at the beginning of descent?

alosito

Jun 24, 2019
Simi Valley, CA
I found my pool half empty this morning. Upon checking the liner, I saw about a 10" tear right where the descent starts. The descent is about 30 degrees, and I was wondering if I will have any luck with a patch because of the location. What would be your suggestion as far as fixing this?

poolTear.png

That is a large tear to patch.

Do you have any excess liner saved from where the steps were cut out to use as a patch?

Basically you want to triple patch that area with increasing larger patches one over the other.

@zea3 @Casey @bmoreswim may have more ideas.

I called a few pool builders found in Yelp, and no one does liner replacements.
Think small companies. The big guys in a warm climate probably only want $100k + plaster jobs. Search for pool services instead of pool builders. The pool service companies will either do it, or know who does.

Google has a slew of 'pool services' in your area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks like a lead referral service.

They probably just sell your name to every referral service and then every referral service sells your name to every contractor who signs up with their service with zero verification of qualification.

You end up getting SPAMMED relentlessly by phone and email by every sketchy drifter who has signed up to buy your name.

By submitting your info on this form, you are agreeing to be contacted regarding your service request by means of telephone, email, or text including using pre-recorded or auto dialed phone calls or text messages to the phone number you have provided, including your wireless number, if provided.

Consent to content doesn't require you to purchase service.

Please note you may be matched to one of our trusted partners such as CraftJack, Angi or Networx.

By using this service, you agree to our Terms Of Service as well as to Angi Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and CraftJack Terms of Service.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.