How to disconnect from Pentair Intelliconnect remote/monitoring system temporarily

Tabbo

May 1, 2024
Loveland, oh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We are having issues with our SCG Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 unit communicating with our Pentair Intelliconnect Remote Monitoring system. Because of that we are getting no chlorine output from our unit. We just installed a brand new IC-40 thinking the problem was with our old unit...sadly not the case.
Any assistance on how to disconnect the Intelliconnect remote system temporarily some can adjust our SCG manually would be greatly appreciated.

Putting your automation in SERVICE mode stops all remote control and allows manual changes. However, once you put back in Auto mode it will revert to the settings in the automation.

In the past I've disconnected the RS-485 hub in the Intelliconnect to give control back to my IC40 and pump. Be sure to turn off power to all devices before doing that.

I would contact Pentair support and see if there are any firmware updates for your Intelliconnect. That solved my communication problems last year.

However, once you put back in Auto mode it will revert to the settings in the automation.

Surprisingly, after 3 minutes the settings changed in the SWG will be retained when you go back into AUTO mode.

If you want to decouple the IntelliChlor from the IntelliConnect then disconnect the Yellow/green RS-485 wires and wrap each in electrical tape so they do not short out.

You lose the safety of the IntelliChlor not running when the pump is off so you should run your pump 24/7 as the IntelliChlor will always be powered.

1715287504081.png

Reactions: HermanTX
In the past I've disconnected the RS-485 hub in the Intelliconnect to give control back to my IC40 and pump. Be sure to turn off power to all devices before doing that.

I would contact Pentair support and see if there are any firmware updates for your Intelliconnect. That solved my communication problems last year.
Pentair support hasn't been very helpful but I did just update my remote app on my phone. Thanks

Surprisingly, after 3 minutes the settings changed in the SWG will be retained when you go back into AUTO mode.

If you want to decouple the IntelliChlor from the IntelliConnect then disconnect the Yellow/green RS-485 wires and wrap each in electrical tape so they do not short out.

You lose the safety of the IntelliChlor not running when the pump is off so you should run your pump 24/7 as the IntelliChlor will always be powered.

View attachment 571478
Thanks so much. The good news is the electrician that installed the Intelliconnect system is coming tomorrow to troubleshoot for us. I will provide this for him. Appreciate your input.

Putting your automation in SERVICE mode stops all remote control and allows manual changes. However, once you put back in Auto mode it will revert to the settings in the automation.
Not sure how to put the automation in service mode. My electrician is coming tomorrow morning so I am certain he will figure this out.

Not sure how to put the automation in service mode. My electrician is coming tomorrow morning so I am certain he will figure this out.

You don't need an electrician for this. It is a user control and you should learn how to operate your IntelliConnect.

Look at the IntelliConnect. IntelliConnect has a MODE button that selects the following modes:
  • AUTO: Control via mobile devices or computer is allowed
  • SERVICE: Control via mobile devices or computer is prevented
  • TIMEOUT: Control via mobile devices or computer is prevented for 3 hours

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Attached is the IntelliConnect Manual that explains how to operate the system.

Attachments

• intelliconnect-manual-english.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 0
BTW..my issues is more.complicated than just disconnecting from my Intelliconnect. That is just my starting point. Sorry it seemed like such an easy issue.

BTW..my issues is more.complicated than just disconnecting from my Intelliconnect. That is just my starting point. Sorry it seemed like such an easy issue.
Care to share what those issues are?

It seems I have neglected updating my firmware. How do I find my current version and then how do I go about updating the releases properly?
TIA

Everything but my Intellichlor IC-40 responds to my Intelliconnect remote monitoring system. When I try to adjust the chlorine level it shows that the IntelliChlor is offline. Can't even adjust the levels manually hence my question about disconnecting the system. Replaced the cell with a new unit as the original was going into its 7th season. Was hoping that was the issue but sadly not.
Maybe a firmware issue since I have never had an issue I wasn't sleven thinking about software upgrades. That's a whole other issue to tackle.

You cannot update the IntelliConnect firmware yourself. Pentair Support needs to push the update to your box.

I think somewhere in the app it should tell you the firmware level in your box.

What better firmware versions Pentair Support may have available we do not know.

Reactions: Tabbo
Pentair is the best of the bunch.
I would have to disagree based on my interactions with tech support and the lengthy delay in response to support questions within the app.
Happy that you haven't had such issues because it is beyond frustrating

I would have to disagree based on my interactions with tech support and the lengthy delay in response to support questions within the app.
Happy that you haven't had such issues because it is beyond frustrating
Have you had better experiences interacting with Hayward or Jandy?

Have you had better experiences interacting with Hayward or Jandy?
Well....since I have a Pentair system I have no need to contact Hayward or Jandy. In my area my pool builder has stopped installing Pentair equipment because of the customer service issues even he was dealing with that's how bad it is. BTW....That change happened after he installed our pool.

Well....since I have a Pentair system I have no need to contact Hayward or Jandy. In my area my pool builder has stopped installing Pentair equipment because of the customer service issues even he was dealing with that's how bad it is. BTW....That change happened after he installed our pool.
What is he installing now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support