How to convert my baqua pool to chlorine

Great to see you making the best w/ what you have, Frankie. I'm just chiming in for encouragement. Keep going! you can do it! Almost there!
Just keep following the instructions, the TFP crew won't let you down.
You might have already done something about it, but the dirt will just be easier to see when the process is done. I wish you all the best.

Post more pictures!!

You snuck in there while I was typing. Congrats!!

Casey said:
When you think you have enough bleach, double it! Just clear the shelf at Wally World cuz you're gonna need it! :mrgreen:

^^^^^ THIS!!! I went through 14.5 gal of 8% bleach trying to rid just an initial does of Baqua. What can I say, I was a little late jumping on the BBB bandwagon..but I'm sure glad I did! These people know their stuff and heeding their advice was the best thing I did and worked for me.

Kind of lost a day yesterday. Worked then my son had summer league basketball all evening. This morning, FC 0, adding bleach. Water is clear and beautiful. Hoping my test kit comes today so I can move on. Buying sand today or tomorrow.

frankie_lent said:
Going to vacuum today. Kit still not here. :( Hope it comes tomorrow! When I go to buy cya, I should get the pucks to use in a sock in the summer basket, correct? Posting another pic after vacuuming.
No.

You may buy granules or liquid stabilizer. The dry stuff goes in a sock suspended in front of a return or tied to some kind of float.

2013-05-22220453.jpg

image3rh.jpg

image4es.jpg

Ok thanks Richard320! Just make sure it doesn't touch the liner, right? Might still be a while before I need cya though. Just vacuumed...eeewwww yuck! I could have clothed a tree with all the leaves! I think I better get all the grime out before I change the sand. But I'm so pleased with all the results so far and am so glad I made the decision to give up baquacrap! My pool looks better every single day and even my pump is working better! Kids are being to swim because of the inviting look of the water. Hopefully just a little while longer but we will get there. Thanks again to everyone for all the advice, encouragement and friendly comments.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got my T100 today. Now I'm worried that I've been using to much bleach because I just added and tested and got a 22.5 FC reading. :shock: Will that hurt anything? All the bleach I can find says it has 121 FL oz but is concentrated so it equals 182 oz.which number should I use? It says it's 8.25% sodium hypochlorite. Any advice???

frankie_lent said:
Got my T100 today. Now I'm worried that I've been using to much bleach because I just added and tested and got a 22.5 FC reading. :shock: Will that hurt anything? All the bleach I can find says it has 121 FL oz but is concentrated so it equals 182 oz.which number should I use? It says it's 8.25% sodium hypochlorite. Any advice???
The pool calculator works with 8.25% but it only gives the right ounces, not the right number of jugs.

Just divide ounces by 121 to know how many jugs to pour in.

I doubt you did any damage.

With a zero level of CYA.....I'd guess you'll see a quick drop off in the FC number as well. I know many times during our swap I had readings into the 20's.

Post full test results now that you have your proper tools, and we'll lead you from there.

Thanks for the replies! Thankfully, I did put the 8.25 bleach info into the calculator and divided by 121 so I'm happy to hear I've done that right! Also happy to hear that it shouldn't have hurt anything too much if I was over. Again, I am so totally glad to have found this help! Other than tripping over empty bleach bottles, this is going so smoothly and simply. Thanks again!

Pool is sparkling now. Was able to get it all vacuumed and it looks so inviting. Just added 388oz bleach.

FC 22
CC 1
PH 8.2
TA 170
CH 0
CYA 0

Why is PH higher when FC levels are higher? I tested PH this morning and had 7.8 as you can read above. But I didn't get the Muriatic acid added then so I checked it again in the afternoon and it was 7.2! Now it's really high at 8.2 after just adding the bleach. Just curious about that and should I add the acid? Did pick up my CYA today. Hope to grab sand tomorrow :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.