how to control IntelliChlor IC40 w/Current Control Relay

jerryt, may I ask, for my own understanding, how you knew to connect L1 of the pump to terminal #8 of the LIRT220A? That is the one part of the circuit that I'm unsure of. Clear that is necessary for proper current monitoring but I don't know how you determined that solely from the information in the datasheet. Thanks.

jerryt, may I ask, for my own understanding, how you knew to connect L1 of the pump to terminal #8 of the LIRT220A? That is the one part of the circuit that I'm unsure of. Clear that is necessary for proper current monitoring but I don't know how you determined that solely from the information in the datasheet. Thanks.

Hey, there are three internal current shunts inside the LIRT220A, between;
Pins 5 & 8 - 5 to 100 MA is the trigger current range.
Pins 6 & 8 - .05 to 1 amp is the trigger current range.
Pins 7 & 8 - 0.5 to 10 amps is the trigger current range.

I used 7 & 8 so I could get a trigger in the .5 to 10 amp range.

I upgraded to the EasyTouch panel, so I don't run this configuration any more.

Any new info on wiring SWG with a Variable Speed pump? This is even more common now that so many pools are installing Variable Speed Pumps.

I have Pentair Intelliflow XF pump. It's timer is built in.

Haven't decided on brand of SWG (probably Aqua Rite or possibly AutoPilot).

I don't want to connect SWG to power and rely on flow switch only so have 2 choices from what I've read from old threads:

Buy a mechanical timer and wire the SWG to that (overlapping the pump's digital timer but with shorter run).

Or get a current sensing relay but I'm totally confused which one & how to wire.

My VS pump is wired to the breaker and is run by its own built in timer and also controlled by the Solartouch. My IC40 is wired to its own time clock. I always need to run my pump more than my SWG for skimming leaves, solar heat standby, etc. So, I just make sure to set my SWG time clock to run within the pump run time window. If I ran my SWG all of the time that my pump runs I would have too much chlorine in my pool. There are times in spring and fall that my pump runs 24x7. Right now it runs about 8a to 8p for max solar heat. I think my swg is running about 8 hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.