How to clean corners of a rectangular fibre pool?

geosoph

Aug 28, 2023
Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hi all,

I’m new to owing a pool. It’s an inground fibre pool that’s rectangular in shape and where its corners meet at straight angles.

The vacuum head that was included with the pool is basic (see photo). Its rounded shape doesn’t let it get into the corners to collect the dirt there. I thought a robot could help but even it doesn’t seem to be able to get in there. I’ve tried to brush the dirt away using the side of the brush but the brush head doesn’t get in there to let me gently push the dirt out and away from the corner.

What I’ve been doing (which only partially works) is disturb the water so that the dirt disperses back into the water and hope that it settles away from the corner so that the vacuum can get to it.

Thinking there must be a better method to clean the corners? I don’t mind manually vacuuming them. Would a different vacuum head help?

Attachments

• IMG_9589.jpeg
    IMG_9589.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 0
What I’ve been doing (which only partially works) is disturb the water so that the dirt disperses back into the water
My FG pool has rounded corners, but that's what I basically do. I'll brush those tight areas first as needed then vacuum.

The Hayward triangle brush head gets right up to the edge. I like it particularly as it kills two birds with one stone and brushes in the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.