How to Clean Algae Inside Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler?

byattz0r

Sep 15, 2020
Houston, TX
Hello!

We recently remodeled our pool and added two Hayward Colorlogic Bubblers to our sunshelf. I noticed some water inside the housing shortly after we filled up the pool but didn't think anything of it. The water inside the housing does not have any easy way to circulate, which has resulted in algae build-up... I believe when my kids stomp on the bubblers, more water gets into this housing.

I haven't been able to find any youtube or websites that explain how to clean this particularly model. I'm not sure if I need to drain the pool below the sunshelf in order to remove the lens cover and clean the inside. Does anyone know if this can be cleaned without draining the pool? We do have the LED kit installed as well.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler Algae.jpg
    Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler Algae.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 172
I do have the tool. I was more concerned about being able to do this without lowering the water in the pool.

Since there is already water in there, and the lights still work, I think I will attempt removing the lens and cleaning it while submerged. I'll try and document this to help someone else out in the future.

Are these colorlogic bubblers just not very popular yet? They work great (so far)!

Reactions: mnatale
Opened it up using the tool. Cleaned it out with a small brush and vacuumed the algae. I think the PB put the lens on while the plaster was still setting, because it was a PITA to remove.

Attachments

• Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler Cleaned.jpg
    Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler Cleaned.jpg
    637.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler Disassembeled.jpg
    Hayward Colorlogic Bubbler Disassembeled.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: PWMac and mnatale
Where can I buy the tool? Have been scouring the Internet with no luck.
Dunno. It comes with the light.

The Manual says if you do not have the ColorLogic Bubbler Tool on hand, use a 1-1/4” wrench to remove the plaster shield.

Opened it up using the tool. Cleaned it out with a small brush and vacuumed the algae. I think the PB put the lens on while the plaster was still setting, because it was a PITA to remove.
Thank you for this post! Only place I can find it addressed on the web. Did the algae grow back or did you discover a hack to keep it from growing in there?

Reactions: r2sie2
I’m wondering if your algae grew back too? I’ve never had a low chlorine issue but I do have algae developing in my bubblers. I’m guessing this like you said is due to poor circulation in them. I absolutely hate taking these rings off as again like you found they’re such a pita. Would love to find another way to stop this from happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.