How to change freeze protection speed on Hayward VS950?

EndlessSummerAZ

May 18, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We rarely hit freezing temps in Phoenix but my pump kicked on overnight. Woke up and it was running at 2700rpm. That seems excessive to me and I’d like to change it. Got into the configuration menu but I’m not seeing where to change the freeze protection speed. Just see where I can enable/disable and then set the temp.

Anyone know how to change this on a Hayward VS950?

Is it pulling from a preset speed setting? Running on the max speed limit set for the pump?My last preset speed is 2700 but that is also the max speed set for the pump as a whole.

I don't think you can. Freeze protection controls are pretty primitive.

Let's see if @1poolman1 knows any tricks.
Don't believe it can be changed, but I have never tried, not on a pump or automation (though that one is easy).
Insurance company, long ago, recommended not changing those factory settings. Reasoning was that no matter what a tech's intentions are, if there is damage from freeze, our "fingerprints" are the last ones on it. Always tell a customer that changes may be possible, the instructions will be in the manual.

You can change the Max Allowed Speed and/or the Low Temp Speed (Newer software only).

Note: Earlier software revisions do not have the option to change the pump low temp speed.

The pump runs at the Max allowed Speed for 8 hours.

So, you have to change the Max Allowed Speed.

1704735832050.png

So, it depends on the software revision.

What is the software revision for your pump?

What is the manufacturing date for your pump?

What is the exact Model Number?

1704729018562.png

1704729096056.png

Attachments

• tristarvs_IS32950VS_2caf.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Note what is said here. This is not freeze protection for the pool...

1704729690055.png

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.