How to add Boric Acid

RDN

Silver Supporter
Jun 3, 2011
Like the title says; I have a fresh fill on my 21K gallon vinyl liner pool. Brand new liner 2 weeks ago.

TA is good at ~100, CYA is ~35 (boy it felt weird adding CYA after the mess I had 2 years ago to get most of it out of the old water); PH about 7.4. FC around 3 to 5, depending on the day. Pool is very clean. Also dumped in a 'start up' dose of PolyQuat (Leslie's Pool Supplies).

I have run Borates in the past using "Optimizer" but that stuff is expen$ive, plus you have to add a lot of acid to counter it.

So I bought the 55 pound pail of Boric Acid from Duda Diesel.

Any suggestions on how to add the Boric Acid in? Divide it in half per day, or 1/4 per day, etc?

I'm assuming I don't want to dump all 55 pounds in at once... :D

Also, I've heard the Boric Acid is PH neutral, correct? Obviously I'll check after adding.

Thanks,

Ron

Attachments

• New Liner Install.jpg
    New Liner Install.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 35
I totally understand what you mean about adding CYA. Had that mess a couple years ago myself. Now I'm experimenting with a higher CYA level to use less FC.

Also, your liner looks great! How about a picture with water in it? Would love to see it full!
Sherry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.