How to achieve weekly pool visits.

Since it gets little use and you can keep it covered (can you?), maybe you can dose up to 20 ppm FC per the chart for 50 ppm CYA and see how long the FC lasts. If it doesn't last long enough you could try raising you CYA to 80 ppm (per xpert and mas' suggestion) and then dose to 31 ppm FC. If you dare you might be able to to go higher but remember that prolonged use could damage heaters, vinyl liners (what is the surface?), etc. Swimming above shock FC levels is not recommended so you would have to time your dosing with the swim usage (high FC levels can also bleach hair and swimsuits). Does not sound easy to me...

i think its gunite or somthing? looks like cement to me!
i think this is kind of the step im at..

5.4< 8 am sat
4.44<2 pm
3.42<8 pm sat

3.35<8 AM sun
2.77<<8 monday am
2.57< tues 8am

I'll give you a 4th option.
Find a responsible teenager nearby that is willing to dose your pool each day with a specific amount of chlorine. Wouldn't be hard to figure out how much you need and adjust each week. I've got 3 really good kids across the street that take care of our dogs and appear to be very responsible. Out of my 6 kids, I'd only trust 2 of them to do exactly what I'd ask.

I have one tablet run pool left. Had to drain all of the water and replace it. It's 8,000 gallons. Added 24 oz of dichlor grans. then had to shock with 4 tabs. CYA climbed to 30ppm after 1 week and FC is now stable at 5ppm.

with tabs you have to keep doing a lot of backwashing to keep cya down to 30-50. but this might be the low cost and best setup if you don't want to go chlorine feeder or swg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.