How Often Does Recirculation Pump Run?

Gebo

Bronze Supporter
Aug 23, 2023
VA
I have a Wellis Paris with a separate recirculation pump. Last night after I filled it for the first time, the pump ran all the time up until went to bed.

This morning it is not running. I thought the recirculation pump was set to run continuously. Does is just run when the heater is on? Just trying to learn.

Did you read your instructions manual?

On my Sundance spa, the default setting is for the circulation pump to turn on at 5pm and run continuously after that. So if I just refilled the spa, it would trigger the circulation pump to run 24/7 after it passes 5pm. If I refilled the spa and turned the power back on let's say 6pm, then the next morning, the circulation pump would not be running and would only start continuously at 5pm that same day.

On my spa, I do have options to have it run a.set number of hours per day.

No matter what setting you choose though. The circulation pump should be running when heater is on. If it is not, your spa would trigger some sort of flow error and this would shut to heater off.

I always let the circulation pump run continuously.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.