How much filter media? - Thailand

jan verbeem

May 26, 2016
Thailand
Searching for this all over the web, and can't find the answer, so maybe someone here know.

Is there a rule of the amount of filter media in relation to the volume of the filter?

I know pool filters are quoted in inches, but this is for a sediment filter installed between the deep well and the tank from which the pool will withdraw the water.

In other words, what percentage of the filter volume should be Zelbrite.

If I have a 50 liter filter, then how many kg of zelbrite should I use?

this is for a sediment filter installed between the deep well and the tank from which the pool will withdraw the water.
So this is not your typical sand filter type product on the equipment pad? Can you post a pic or two and/or provide any additional information for this filter being used?

So this is not your typical sand filter type product on the equipment pad? Can you post a pic or two and/or provide any additional information for this filter being used?
No, this is a filter to take out the sediment from my borehole before it goes into the underground tanks.

My pool withdraws water from that tank.

The volume of the filter is 50 liter and has a manual 3 way valve.

597012cf574ffcf7021009aede4abdeb.jpg_2200x2200q80.jpg_.webp

I see. In that case, I'll tag @JamesW to see if he has a suggestion. Since it appears to have a standpipe that goes up through the center, it would be easy to assume media should be filled to within a few inches of the top of that pipe inside, but we better get some confirmation from others. Stand by.

Reactions: jan verbeem

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why not?

Why can't you ask them?

Did you get a manual?

Because there is no manufacturer, it are all online sellers, and I asked them the question of how much Zelbrite filter media to use, and the answer was the tanks is 50 liter.
Follow-up questions simply get ignored, that is how it is in Thailand. They probably are drop-ship sellers, and don't know what they are selling.

I haven't purchased the filter yet, as I wanted to know if it would work out first, so can show a picture of the label.

All I know is that t's a 2.5"valve and is rated 150 PSI.

The valve is 3 way, filter - backwash - rinse.

It does not look like a pool filter in any case.

Why are you looking at this particular filter?

Ask the sellers for a pool filter that will fit your needs.
I never stated that it is a pool filter, or even that I want to use it as such. I have a 28" Hayward filter for my pool

No, this is a filter to take out the sediment from my borehole before it goes into the underground tanks.
My pool withdraws water from that tank.

Must be challenging at best to find pool products, hardware or chemicals, in your area. We have other members in Thailand, so I'm going to include that in your thread title. Maybe one of them will notice and give you some more ideas.
No problem to find pool products here.

I only thought there was a standard rule on how much filter media you use if you know the volume of the filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.