Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a 2.5 gal jug of 10.5% liquid Chlorine from pinch a penny. How many oz do I add to a 10,000 gal pool in order to raise the level 5ppm?

At the bottom of every page in this forum is a link to "Old PoolMath Webpage". It may be old, but it still works. That is where you will find your answer. I plugged in some numbers for you. The newer PoolMath app also provides an "Effects of adding" calculation.
5ppm.png

Reactions: Chrissu and Newdude
Also download PoolMath.

Install and setup your basic pool specs and then the main screen comes up with all the testing parameters. Click on any, such as 'FC' to enter your current value, your target, and in this instance which type of chlorine you'll be adding and it will tell you the gallons on the bottom.

You can add more parameters such as salt, temp and borates from the settings icon, if any are applicable to you. Turn on sharing from the same settings page and we can see your logs if you buy the premium version for $8 a year. Many times we can reverse engineer a problem or nip it before it even starts by seeing your logs. At least while you learn, it's the best $8 you'll spend.

At the bottom of every page in this forum is a link to "Old PoolMath Webpage". It may be old, but it still works. That is where you will find your answer. I plugged in some numbers for you. The newer PoolMath app also provides an "Effects of adding" calculation.
View attachment 540460
Seeing the example you provided is very helpful and now I know how to figure this out for the next time. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.