How much chlorine does your hot tub use?

That is BCDMH -
Here’s a bit if an explanation of how is works
Post in thread 'CYA in a bromine spa'
CYA in a bromine spa
Mdragger88 - do you have any experience fixing a leak with something like JBWeld or some other product, to cut the corner of fixing it correctly? I have another post out there that's gotten no input so I'm getting desperate - it's the ozone jet so there's very little pressure on it, so I wonder if something like that would work. You can see below the leak, I would certainly clean it up very well beforehand though.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 2
Thank you, I read thru that, my head is spinning... I wish there was a chlorine product you could put in a floater that'd last a week, but from what I read using the 3" pucks isn't a good idea (they melt too fast so you have to watch closely, they add other chemicals that don't have good results, etc.). Thoughts on that?
Trichlor dissolves too quickly & can lead to very high fc & very acidic water so not recommended.
Maybe a SWCG is my best bet, and only use it when I'm not home, since when I'm here I can dose daily or as needed. But would that work, or would all the salt I add for the SWCG wreak havoc on the tub/chemicals when the SWCG isn't being used?
The salt doesn’t do anything to any other parameters really except lower the csi which is fine. Its not that much salt - about 4# in my tub to reach 2500 ppm.
You can adjust a swcg to suit your needs - mine is set to mainly take care of my standby chlorine needs & it generally covers a quick clean 1 person dip.
I dose with liquid chlorine (or dichlor if i need a little cya) after using the tub to make up for my bather load after use. Sometimes I just press the button instead.
My tub is always sitting at target range for my cya ready for use. If I intend to have a long soak/ multiple people i may turn it on or just add some bleach mid session.
I use a timer so I can run it in 1 hour increments multiple times per day as to keep the fc steady instead of all at once.
Usually 2 hrs a day in non peak times & up to 4 hrs a day during peak tubbing season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.