How much chlorine does grass consume?

We don't bag our grass because we have no place to compost and city trash won't pick it up, but we keep a baby pool to wash off feet before getting in the big pool. Since ours is an AGP, that works for us. I was keeping my CYA on the high side because of FC loss, but after evaporation and replacement it went down a bit. Luckily, I tested early morning and found I'd lost 5ppm overnight! That wasn't CYA's fault. Had to be organic. Pool was clear, 0 CC and other numbers were good. So glad I read a thread where someone mentioned that. ( I forgot that part of pool school) as it only took a 24 hour slam and my FC held on the second night! An ounce of prevention! :D

PS: my new avatar is hubs doing his Dustin Hoffman "Graduate" impression. We need a bigger pool next year for sure!

Good Luck! You need a yard sized net. Ha.

Lol

I am seriously considering pulling the solar cover back out of the garage. I never cut it to fit so I can bend the sides up and cover the entire pool on lawn days. My kids will kill me! They hate the solar cover with a passion of a thousand suns.

I watched them today. They didn't know we were home. They do blow away from the pool and when he used the leaf blower he came from behind and blew away from the pool.

The clumps are insane. I was shocked and we are in for rain so if they don't come until next Thursday it will be bad.

I got home from work last night around 9pm. I walked outside and about died. The lawn guys came a day early! It was dark so I didn't notice when I pulled in.

The pool was a mess on top of the grass, my daughter had done some deep conditioning treatment on her hair and after two washes it still hadn't all come out so she went swimming. I had an oil slick and everything was a greasy mess. Even the skimmer sock was coated. I have no time in my schedule for the next few days to spend on the pool doing cleanup.

I had at least a pound of wet grass in the skimmer sock so I was ready to cry. Instead I brought the pool up to SLAM, put in a new skimmer sock and threw in a new skum bug. I left the pump running all night and hoped for the best.

This morning...the sock was full of grass, oil slick was gone and minimal grass had settled to the bottom. I did a quick brush pushing everything to the main drain and it is good to go! The power of filtration wins:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.