How long to run pump?

Belo

Jun 6, 2013
Rochester, NY
Last summer was my first with my IG (see sig for details). Bromine pool with brominator. Previous owner had it run 24/7 and i kept it up last year. There's a timer in the basement and I backed it down to 2 shifts 11am-5pm and 10pm-4am. the bromine depletes in sunlight so to keep the levels as high as possible, that's why i run it at night. So I cut it in half. There isn't a significant increase in debris (it's spring anyhow and everything falls into my pool) and no algae problems.

So my question is... is 12 hours a day still too much? Not enough? Remembering that it only sanitizes when the pump runs.

So my question is... is 12 hours a day still too much?
Currently I run my pump 4-5 hours per day but that is mostly for solar. On cloudy days or during the winter, the pump runs 1-2 hours per day. Your limiting factor is likely the brominator and how quickly that can generate enough bromine each day and the residual extinction rates. After that, run time is strictly for aesthetics and completely optional.

If I were you, I would switch over to chlorine. You could probably reduce run time a lot more with stabilized chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.