How long for water to warm up?

kwhite

Mar 22, 2018
Youngsville, NC
We are getting to the end of our pool build and can’t wait to finally swim! Just curious how long it took for your newly filled pool to warm up enough for adults to swim. I know my kids will jump in regardless. :D We are having water trucked in for the fill and we are in N.C. where it’s in the 90s this week. We do not have a solar cover. Thanks!

Depends on how cold the water is that you put in the pool and how much sun the pool gets. The lack of cover will certainly slow things down a lot due to the losses at night to evaporation.

NC won't be long. It'll be 80s almost immediately after the fill. I'd suspect mid to upper 80s within a week or less. A bubble/solar cover will help but don't bother if nighttime temps are anywhere in the 80s it's not worth the hassle. My pool is maintaining almost 90 now without the heater on at all.

My pool is about 14K gallons, filled it with cool water from garden hoses 13 days ago. Water was upper 70s on the first day. Water went up to 82 within about 48 hours. Yesterday, my wife read water temp of 90. We do not even own a solar cover quite yet. It will warm up really, really fast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.