How likely is CYA zero from 40 last year?

Hi All,
Is it okay to raise the PH into the correct range, raise the FC just slightly, let the kids swim and THEN SLAM ? It's gonna be nice here today.

And along those lines, how soon after adding Borax can I test and get a fairly accurate PH number? I am assuming liquid bleach will be faster, in terms of how quickly I can measure.

Thanks,
David

Okay, I may have overdone it... I poured in enough liquid chlorine to get my FC to over 24, and the PH followed. It is now at the high side of the scale again.

I will go over to my MIL's house tomorrow (that is where the pool is) and check chlorine loss. Hopefully, I am getting closer!

Thanks,
David

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Marian,
I had not yet added Borax. I had added enough chlorine the night before to put the FC number in the 20's. I was about to add Borax yesterday, but checked both FC (which was indeed still in the 20's, so I am making progress) and the PH, which is now slightly high.
I will test again today, to see if both FC and PH are drifting back down.

Thanks,
David

I poured in enough liquid chlorine to get my FC to over 24, and the PH followed. It is now at the high side of the scale again.

No it's didn't. (see below)

does the PH drift down like the chlorine?

No (see below)

but checked both FC (which was indeed still in the 20's, so I am making progress) and the PH, which is now slightly high.
I will test again today, to see if both FC and PH are drifting back down.

You continue to talk about your "high" pH during the slam process after being repeated told it's a false reading under high FC levels:

The PH test is not valid when FC is above 10 ppm.

just continue on with the slam and ignore pH.

pH doesn't "drift back down" with the FC level. It just becomes more accurate once your FC comes back to earth. Worry about maintaining your shock levels for now and stop being concerned with pH as you've been told.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.