How do you test for chlorine

Johnny B said:
Taylor R 0001 + R0002; it tests FC not TC, & you need that cell w the red on itnot the yellow OTO.

You can use R-0003 with that (same as the DPD R-0003) to test for TC with your Taylor R-0001 & R-0002. You just have to match the color again after adding 5 drops of R-0003. That's the old fashioned way to do it :~}

Beamup said:
FAS-DPD only, since I have 60 CYA. So if the OTO can read it, then it's below minimum.

I don't see how the OTO is actually useful except for SWG or very low CYA.

well keep in mind that even though the oto kit only goes up to 5 it can still go past "dark yellow" into gold > orange > red > then clear with red flakes.
I know the rough range of CYA in the pools I take care of and I maintain the chlorine around 5. It's not the easiest of tasks when you are only there once a week and usually don't have a chlorinator to help out. Especially when you have to consider the possibility of a heavy load of bathers vs no load. They don't tell me when they are going to use the pool so I have to "guesstimate" mostly. For the most part though at least the pools that have old or faded liners I really don't have to worry about bleaching them; it's the new liners I really have to baby. Regardless I'm not saying OTO is better by any means. I just literally can not adjust the chlorine on a daily basis since I'm only allotted time once a week.

I use OTO as a quick daily and just make sure that the yellow is at least in the 5-10 color range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.