How do I turn on a Jandy Pump from a sensor?

megalodon

Apr 23, 2020
Cumming, GA
I have the Jandy Aqualink RS PDA system and I want to turn on the pump from a signal. This signal could be a jumper or a 24v signal. I want it to work similar to the freeze protection sensor. Reading through the manual I don't see any input signals, only output. How can I wire this up?

I'm installing a HotSpot FPH system that will heat the pool from my home AC. When my AC comes on, I need it to tell the Aqualink to turn the pump on.

I'm certainly no expert but do have iAquaLink RS and have studied the manuals pretty closely. I've seen no built-in feature that will do exactly what you want.

But I don't think that's important if your pump is single speed (no RS-485). In that case, you could set up a second relay with its switched circuit in parallel with the normal filter pump relay. Then control this new relay with the A/C signal. The pump would be on if either the automation or the A/C signal (or both) command it on.

Last edited:
It's a VS pump. I spoke with tech support at Jandy and they confirmed there is no way to do this. My fallback is to run the pump 24/7. I'll run it at minimum speed at night and a higher speed during the day to power the water features and for better FPH efficiency. I estimate it will cost around $10/month more to do this.

It's a VS pump. I spoke with tech support at Jandy and they confirmed there is no way to do this. My fallback is to run the pump 24/7. I'll run it at minimum speed at night and a higher speed during the day to power the water features and for better FPH efficiency. I estimate it will cost around $10/month more to do this.
Okay. Not for the feint of heart, but if you like tinkering, you could build something based on aqualinkd.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.