how do I open my pool in the spring

May 27, 2011
what do i do first. I have to vacuum bottom dirt to waist and add water to keep water level at correct point. do i adjust cya first. then i'll have to wait for it to dissolve before adjusting ph and cl. Do i finish cleaning pool and then add cl before adjusting cya. my cya is at 10 ph 7.2 and cl 2.0. all of this will change because i have to keep adding water while vacuuming to waist. THANKS

Do any vacuuming to waste first. No reason to dump water that you have added chemicals to.

Add CL and adjust pH 30 minutes apart.

Add CYA using the sock method.

pH of 7.2 is fine. No adjustment needed.

Since you will be adding water what is your pH, TA and CH of your fill water?

Post a full set of pool water chemistry:

FC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water temp
CSI

You using PoolMath?

What test kit do you use?

Since you will be adding water what is your pH, TA and CH of your fill water?

Basically I waited until I was done vacuuming to waste. I will then add CYA to pool and begin the SLAM process. I did, however, test for pH, CYA, TA, CH, FC and CC before I started the SLAM process which is what you did. I just wanted to get a baseline of what my pool chemistry was before I started the SLAM. So now you have to finish vacuuming to waste, then add CYA, then SLAM based on your CYA result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.