How do I configure GVA 24 valve actuators?

Skimmer = suction line
Pool drain = suction line
Spa drain = suction line
What is the 4th the line you are calling suction? They are all suction lines.

Any way, yes the cam adjustment is what you need to check for all of them. You can toggle the switch on the actuator to confirm they are moving where you want.

Make sure there is not a physical stop on the valve that prevents the actuator from turning.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I agree with JB about the far right valve. Since it just selects between skimmer and main drain it doesn't need to operate to switch from pool to spa or back. It would be more of a cleaner valve if you had a suction side cleaner.

The middle valve and the left valve needs to switch when going from pool to spa and back.

I disagree. They all need to operate I think. The right valve needs to completely shut off so that the only suction is from the spa which is one of the middle valves pipes (along with the vacuum)

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

JB is correct. You have to turn the suction from the pool drain and skimmer off completely to be spa only. I going to look at it later, but I am very interested in knowing how to do the valve 3 configuration that he was talking about.

See page 29 of the manual: You will have to go into the Configurations menu and go to "Valve3 Config" ... change the "Valve3 Function" to Group. Then you will set whether it is a timer or more likely "manual on/off" Then you will scroll through the various functions (seen on page 16) and set each ones control parameter: At a minimum "Pool/Spa" should be "Spa Only", "Valve3" to "On" ... I am not sure if you also have to set "Pool Filter" to "On" or "Spa Htr1 Set" to a temperature, or if those will work by default since you are setting it to Spa mode which may already do the pump/heater functions.

You guys are the best! I'm glad that you stuck it out with me!

I rearranged the valve set up correctly in the circuit board to the correct return and suction lines. I opened up the return actuator and reset the cam to a 90 degrees tht I needed, and then re mounted the first line in, "valve3" so that it would open and shut the pool intake valve as was a great controversy. I then configured my "valve3" in a group fuction as stated in the last post, and set up "spa party" which turns on the heater, pump and rotates the valves to the correct location.
Again, thanks fellas!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hard to know exactly how to tell you to program it never having had my hands on the system.

Glad everything is working well.

Now you also know how you can change the cams if you want to redistribute the suction between the floor and the skimmer some while in pool mode.
I imagine too you may need to make a group for your suction cleaner to partially close the floor/skimmer so that you get adequate suction for the cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.