How Clear is TFP Clear? Let's See (Pics Only Please).

Well, after adding 2 bags of salt, dissolving it with the whale brush. I connected the pool robot to mix the water. The water temp is up to 64 degrees so I will turn on the SWG tomorrow. One from the end of the pool with the robot off. Earlier I took a shot with the robot running in the deep end.

lil_cameo-off1.jpg lil_cameo-on1.jpg

Just found this thread, but here's what I managed to keep our pool looking like all summer long with an average of 30+ kids swimming in it for several hours daily using the TFP method with liquid chlorine. The way the sun hit it from mid morning to early afternoon, you'd get that same orange and blue sparkle you see in diamond rings. I almost enjoyed staring at it as much as I did swimming in it, which I guess is why I'm the lifeguard haha!

2021-07-18_15-42-16.jpg

I have been sharing TFP with all my friends with pools!! I feel so blessed to have stumbled upon this community!! So far so good! She has stayed clear!

Attachments

• 2F2D0F7D-2C24-4031-B0D4-64C8BB2E06BB.jpeg
    2F2D0F7D-2C24-4031-B0D4-64C8BB2E06BB.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 2612A935-05F8-4685-8A30-87DA74FFDDC8.jpeg
    2612A935-05F8-4685-8A30-87DA74FFDDC8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 64

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m at the tail end of a SLAM and looking through these pics has only strengthened my resolve. This is our first SLAM since replaster in October and to say I’m disappointed in myself for not recognizing the early signs (reduced clarity) that I wasn’t staying on top of the pool … grrr. The pollen in Houston put us over the edge, next spring skimmer socks are going on sooner. Relieved I caught it before the water turned green, but cannot wait to be back in this thread posting pics.

P.S. slamming sucks so bad, why can’t I etch that into my brain and stop thinking I can slack off testing 😂

I’m sensing a running theme in my life, you?
My buddy @kne NAILED it that she has a relationship with her pool and sometimes it takes a backseat, needing more work afterwards to kiss and make up. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it gets ugly.

Celebrating the beginning of the end for a brutal Houston pollen drop. All told I’d estimate 50-70 gallons worth of pollen debris removed from the pool via skimmers, robot and net skimming. Still looks great with TFP!View attachment 401705View attachment 401709
I hope you're patting your robot and telling him what a good boy he is!!! Pool looks amazing!!!

Celebrating the beginning of the end for a brutal Houston pollen drop. All told I’d estimate 50-70 gallons worth of pollen debris removed from the pool via skimmers, robot and net skimming. Still looks great with TFP!View attachment 401705View attachment 401709
We are very close to being pool twins! We back up to upper Buffalo bayou so the pool is surrounded by oaks and ash trees (whose pollen I swear smells like cereal milk).

Brutal is the right word for the pollen season this year. It was a baaaaad time to lose control of the pool. SLAM took 11 days, three backwashes (one complete breakdown of filter), and like you we emptied a dump truck full of tree sperm on the daily.

Reactions: stinsontx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support