How Clear is TFP Clear? Let's See (Pics Only Please).

Been meaning to throw my clear pool water in the ring here, but phone pics never look as good as the naked eye. Though, I think this shows it pretty well.... also, just crossed my 10th season with TFP on July 4!
View attachment 355433
Can't see the serial number on the bot:love:

Last season, I recall my wife commenting one day that the water didn't seem to have its usual sparkle. I was like, what! It is totally clear, FC consumption has been normal, and I always keep my FC above the min, it's just the cloudy sky. Hopped in, put my back to the wall under water with a mask and could easily see the wall on the other side (30 feet), all good. Next day was sunny though and it still didn't have that sparkle. Passed the OCLT that night, but still decided to raise to SLAM for a couple of days then did my same visual test and realized I could now see the intricate details of the liner pattern on the other side. Even though my water would have been described as clear by any reasonable person, it was not TFP clear. There is a real difference as this thread as certainly demonstrated.

(The fact that I passed the OCLT tells me that the algae problem must have been very very low level, so now I do that underwater visual test every so often )

Last season, I recall my wife commenting one day that the water didn't seem to have its usual sparkle. I was like, what! It is totally clear, FC consumption has been normal, and I always keep my FC above the min, it's just the cloudy sky. Hopped in, put my back to the wall under water with a mask and could easily see the wall on the other side (30 feet), all good. Next day was sunny though and it still didn't have that sparkle. Passed the OCLT that night, but still decided to raise to SLAM for a couple of days then did my same visual test and realized I could now see the intricate details of the liner pattern on the other side. Even though my water would have been described as clear by any reasonable person, it was not TFP clear. There is a real difference as this thread as certainly demonstrated.

(The fact that I passed the OCLT tells me that the algae problem must have been very very low level, so now I do that underwater visual test every so often )

I have noticed that if my ph gets to 8 or slightly above, my water loses a bit of its sparkle. Not cloudy by any means but not as "sparkly" is the only way I can explain it. Perhaps dull is a good word. I brought it up in a thread and it was explained it's likely calcium coming out of solution.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Someone must'a been in their birthday suit.
No...
More intriguing than the pool is what appears to be a lake? So you're waterfront?
Yep! 320' of lakefront, dock, paddleboards, kayaks, jetskis, and a nautique for surfing/tubing/wakeboarding/skiing. Lots of water in my life! Love it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support