Houston Texas Above Ground Pool Question - Winter

Jun 7, 2016
Houston, Texas
Hi All,

So I live in Houston, where the winters are relatively mild, and it's probably not worth the time or effort to close the pool like one would do in colder climates. My challenge though, has been with leaves, especially starting this time of the year - I get a fair number of them from my neighbor's tree :mad:.

I can still get in the pool to scoop them out at this time of year, but in another month or so it will be too cold. It's not very easy to get to the center of the pool with a leaf rake attachment from outside of it just due to leverage, and that's of course where they all wind up.

Anyone in a warmer climate have an suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi All,

So I live in Houston, where the winters are relatively mild, and it's probably not worth the time or effort to close the pool like one would do in colder climates. My challenge though, has been with leaves, especially starting this time of the year - I get a fair number of them from my neighbor's tree :mad:.

I can still get in the pool to scoop them out at this time of year, but in another month or so it will be too cold. It's not very easy to get to the center of the pool with a leaf rake attachment from outside of it just due to leverage, and that's of course where they all wind up.

Anyone in a warmer climate have an suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi there.... probably one of the best investments I've ever made is a robot pool cleaner... from dolphin... it learns the shape of your pool and runs for a certain amount of time then automatically switches off... i leave it in my pool over winter and only take it out every 3-4 days to empty it out... it leaves my pool spotless.
Hope this helps.

Thank you both for your responses. I guess my concern with covering the pool is the whole issue of being able to test and balance the water. I can manually vacuum but tough to reach the middle of the pool, and I love the thought of the self contained robot vacuums but they are definitely expensive! :eek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.