Tucson
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Went out this morning and checked the cell panel only to see hot. That's a first. Flashing generating light and 'hot'. Cycled off to on and it cleared. Double checked the plates but they were pristine. Guess I need to keep an eye on it.
Edit. Hot warning back on when I came back home tonight. Flashing generating light and 'hot'.
Off back to auto reset it and stayed off. Readings with everything functioning normally.
40p
AL-0
r 1.59
t15

Last edited:
Can you shade that area? Is it in direct sun?
It's not hot. The cell is reading 86 degrees. It is in direct sun but this is a brand new cell and the last one never had this issue. I will get a full button readout in the morning.

Is the SWG control panel in direct sunlight?
Here in the desert southwest, pool equipment - especially the electronics - needs shade.

Worth checking the thermistor too - as Marty suggested.

Reactions: Uhhello
If it is HOT water temperature, that is normally a thermistor in the cell. But a new cell. Is it an OEM cell?

Is the SWG control panel in direct sunlight?
Here in the desert southwest, pool equipment - especially the electronics - needs shade.

Worth checking the thermistor too - as Marty suggested.
This is the 5th year with current setup/ no shade. Only change is the new replacement cell. Might be a cumulative effect though I guess.

Reactions: proavia

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also have the T-15 and am getting a HOT message. Could it be from the excessive heat we are having here in AZ? The sun is on the SWG in the morning but not for long. The last 2 days the outside temp has been 119F and the pool does get full sun.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.