Hot tub with chlorine

BobbyR

Jun 1, 2013
Toronto, Ont
Just a short post to say my hot tub is absolutely pristine (and has been for a couple of years) as a result of following the instructions in the sticky post on using Chlorine in your Spa. I was about ready to turf the hot tub because the water was never right. I was using bromine tabs in a floater and the water always smelled bad and was cloudy. I was spending money on expensive spa shock and chasing the pH. Then I read the chlorine spa thread. Seemed a bit confusing and complicated at the start but I did exactly what it said and it worked perfectly. It's so simple it's hard to believe. I add about half a cup of bleach every morning after using the spa. That's it. Once you get the TA and the CYA dialled in the pH stabilizes and there's nothing to it. Hard to believe how simple it is. The TA is the key. Get it right and everything falls into place. I empty the spa once a year before we go to Florida because there's just no reason to drain it every 30 days like the pool store tells you. I clean the filter once in a while but there's never anything in it.

To those struggling with their spas I highly recommend you give this method a try. Chlorine in your spa works as well as chlorine in your pool.

Thanks TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.