Hot tub TA wont come down

Juliez

Apr 24, 2024
Michigan
Freshly filled and I have been adding ph down for 2 days and it doesnt seem to be budging. Its a 600 gallon Bullfrog A7. Per manufacturers directions it has been shocked because its been longer than 2 days. Water is cloudy. I am getting frustrated and dont want to keep adding things to complicate the issue.

Freshly filled and I have been adding ph down for 2 days and it doesnt seem to be budging. Its a 600 gallon Bullfrog A7. Per manufacturers directions it has been shocked because its been longer than 2 days. Water is cloudy. I am getting frustrated and dont want to keep adding things to complicate the issue.
How are you testing the TA? TA is pretty unimportant to be messing with compared to pH and FC.

In a hot tub, the pH will naturally rise over time because of the aeration due to the jets.

At first it will rise quickly and eventually as TA and pH come into balance it will become more stable, only requiring adjustment every so often.

After I do a fresh fill, I have to add acid daily for about 7 - 10 days until my pH and TA come into balance.

Don't go chasing the TA, keep the pH where it needs to be, and the TA will eventually come into balance.

But, having said all of that, an out of whack TA and pH should not be making your water cloudy.

What have you been doing as far as CYA and Chlorine is concerned.