Tomball, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I had some thoughts I wanted to run by you pool nerds.

I live in an area with pretty gross high chlorinated, scale water. I don't want to drink it, so I was thinking I should look into options for both the automated filler, and for washing down the deck.

I thought hey, let me just get one of those in lines hose filters they use at RV parks.

Any thoughts? Any setups you like? Anything you have done that you wish you didn't?

@mknauss uses a portable RV filter setup to soften his pool fill water.

I don't believe it removes chlorine and I would think chlorine would be good to have in pool fillw ater and for washing down the deck.

@mknauss uses a portable RV filter setup to soften his pool fill water.

I don't believe it removes chlorine and I would think chlorine would be good to have in pool fillw ater and for washing down the deck.
Chlorine will make the resin in a water softener break down quicker, requiring a resin replacement.
Some of us use a pre-filter to remove the chlorine before it goes thru the water softener.
Something similar to this:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.