Hose from filter to heater

tbeb

Apr 19, 2024
Northern Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I have an above ground pool, Hayward 18” sand filter (S180T), and Hayward gas heater (H100ID). The heater inlet is on the side of heater, 14" from the ground. I'm replacing the 1 1/2" flexible pvc hose from filter to heater with a standard 1 1/2" hose. Does hose have to be long enough so part of it lays on the ground, or can it go from filter to heater without touching the ground?

It doesn't matter.

I highly suggest using rigid PVC. Every last above ground pool owner, ever, found their hose / flex pipe blown off if they owned the pool long enough.

I always say there are two kinds of flex pipes/hoses. The ones that blew already, and the ones that wait until you are turning left out of your driveway on the way to your 2 week cruise.

Reactions: 1poolman1
I have an above ground pool, Hayward 18” sand filter (S180T), and Hayward gas heater (H100ID). The heater inlet is on the side of heater, 14" from the ground. I'm replacing the 1 1/2" flexible pvc hose from filter to heater with a standard 1 1/2" hose. Does hose have to be long enough so part of it lays on the ground, or can it go from filter to heater without touching the ground?
What is standard 1 1/2” hose? How is it different then 1 1/2” flexible pvc hose?

Do you mean solid 1 1/2” Schedule 40 PVC pipe?

What is standard 1 1/2” hose? How is it different then 1 1/2” flexible pvc hose?

Do you mean solid 1 1/2” Schedule 40 PVC pipe?
By standard 1 1/2" hose I mean the hose you can buy at a pool store that comes in different lengths such as 4' and 8'. It connects to pump/filter/heater/etc with a hose adapter fitting and a hose clamp.