Horrible coping

yubbie2

Bronze Supporter
Apr 1, 2017
Houston, TX
Howdy all

We have a mid 1970’s pool with concrete/aggregate coping which is obviously showing 40+ years of erosion. It’s like 40 grit sandpaper and is constantly ripping up our kids’ skin. We’re going to do a pool renovation in a few years, but in the meantime, what can we do? Is there a product I can apply that’ll buy us a year or two of comfort? It does NOT need to last a decade, and it can’t cost an arm and a leg. But I’m great at DIY and could easily apply something if it’ll help. Thoughts? Sincerely, BandAid’s #1 consumer during the summertime.

Attachments

• 8FC3BACB-7E63-4483-B72C-62EC88685E15.jpeg
    8FC3BACB-7E63-4483-B72C-62EC88685E15.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 93
Hi, welcome to TFP! I don't think a sealer would buy you any comfort. Anything you do to smooth the concrete will also make it slippery. Get some inexpensive beach towels to put down in a couple of areas for them to sit on the edge of the pool, and try and get the kids to use the steps or ladder to exit the pool instead of hoisting themselves over the edge until you can change it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.