Hoping to get a pool in the next few months!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Should I move the spa into the rectangle of the pool shape to save a little money or should I have the full width shelf?
The shelf depth seems to be something that everyone has differing opinions on also, I was thinking around 12"???
Should I do bubblers?
As usual the wife only has a couple things she wants (raised bond beam for planter) and just tells me to do the rest the way I want it...

I like the spa incorporated more center of the pool, like in one of your earlier drawings. Seems more clean and more economical use of space. Bubblers seem fun :) They add sound and entertainment for younger kids. Pretty feature and not expensive to add. Tanning shelf depth is subjectice, but it seems most are happy anywhere 6-12 inches in depth. My 2 cents.

I really do appreciate the input you guys! This is a huge investment and I just want to make sure I don't screw up or miss anything!
Maybe I will split the difference and make the shelf 9", most of the bubblers I have researched are good up to 10" or 11".

I am going to go through all of my drawings and start all over again... Oh boy!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, those renderings look terrible. How can you live with yourself! :D

I really like the layout.

Here is the latest list... The prices below do not include everything I am having done... There is about another 100sqft of concrete, two 24" waterfalls, 2 LED bubblers, and a booster pump now also and I have all of that included for less than the quote below.
Description of Work: NEW POOL AND SPA 15 X 31, 7X7 SPA
1 – NEW POOL AND SPA 15X31, SPA 7 X 7
POOL INCLUDES, SKIMMER, 2.5” PVC SCH 40 SUCTION, 2”PVC SCH 40 RETURNS, AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANER SUCTION LINE, AUTOMATIC POOL FILL, 1.5 “ P.E GAS LINE, 6 JETS IN SPA, FORM AND EXCAVATION, STEEL TO MEET OR EXCEED MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS PER ENGINEER DETAILS,MINIMUM 3500 PSI SHOTCRETE/GUNITE TO MEET OR EXCEED ENGINEER DETAILS, POUR IN PLACE COPING, WHITE PLASTER FINISH , PENTAIR VARIABLE SPEED PUMP, PENTAIR MASTER TEMP 400K HEATER , PENTAIR CLEAN AND CLEAR FILTER 520 SQ FT, 1 POOL LIGHT, 1 SPA LIGHT, WATERLINE TILE UP TO GROUP III, RAISED BOND BEAM 12” WITH STONE FACE WITH COPING CAP MATCHING POOL ALL RBB AND RETURN TO BACK WALL

OPTIONS: (NOT INCLUDED IN POOL TOTAL)
1 – POOL DECK ALL BACK YARD MINUS PLANTER AREAS TOTAL 1970 SQ FT
2 – DECK DRAINS ESTIMATE 180 LIN FT (INCLUDES PLANTER ALL BACK AND SIDE CONCRETE AREA TO FRONT)
3 – UPGRADE FROM PLASTER TO PEBBLE FINISH
4 – REMOTE CONTROL SYSTEM W SUB PANEL AND SALT SYSTEM
5 – UPGRADE FROM STD WHITE LIGHTS TO MULTI COLOR LED LIGHTS
6 – FIRE PIT RAISED 12” COPING TO MATCH POOL (ADD STONE FACE TO MATCH RAISED BOND BEAM)
7 – OPEN LATICE PATIO COVER 19 X 15 TO MATCH DESIGN SUPPLIED BY OWNER

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.