Sep 17, 2023
SE Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all,
I have been slamming my pool for probably about a week. I'm at the point that my water is no longer green, but just very cloudy. Is there anything else I need to do other than maintain slam level FC, in order for the water to clear up? TIA

Hey all,
I have been slamming my pool for probably about a week. I'm at the point that my water is no longer green, but just very cloudy. Is there anything else I need to do other than maintain slam level FC, in order for the water to clear up? TIA
Nope, just keep at it and be patient. You may find it doesn’t take as much chlorine to maintain the SLAM level. Make sure to filter 24x7 and brush as needed.

Reactions: cknaperek
Sand filters are the slowest to clear so patience is key. Keep with slam &
Do ALL the things 👇
*Check & scrub every nook & cranny where algae may hide {light niches, steps (inside & out), drain covers, ladder handrails, skimmer throats/weirs, abandoned lines, autofill, overflow drains, seam flaps, etc.}
*If water can go there, algae can thrive there.
*Run slam level water through all water features & lines for at least a couple hours a day during the SLAM Process.
*Brush & or vac daily (this breaks up biofilms that algae uses to protect itself from chlorine)
*Backwash/clean filter when pressure rises 25%over clean pressure.

You are done when:
✅ CC is 0.5 or lower;
✅ You pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
AND
✅ The water is clear.
(Crystal Clear w/no algae dead or alive)

To help the sand filter grab more of the smaller particles you can add a little pool grade DE when you’re around to babysit & backwash as it makes the pressure rise quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.