Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

All I can say is Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!

I saw this post on Friday, took a good look at the pictures and picked up the materials this weekend and started assembling this this afternoon.

I copied your style, but with my top rail, the end cuts in, instead of out, so they only snap on on the inside of the top rail. You are right though that there is very little pressure against the wall, all the weight is on the top rail. I built 5 of them, could have gotten away with 4 I bet.

I'll try to attach some pics as well below.

Couldn't be happier!! The cover was so easy to remove and replace back on the pool.

Attachments

• pool1.gif
    pool1.gif
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,001
  • pool2.gif
    pool2.gif
    81.7 KB · Views: 980
Reactions: Wright_family96
Man, is thing great. I can easily take off and put back on my cover all by myself. Yesterday I pulled the cover back on from inside the pool by just pulling from the center of the cover and walking across with very little to adjust once it was completely on.

I think this will be my first pool project because I have mud everywhere and I need warm water to swim in! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hurt5150 said:
So how much of the diameter of the pool does this saddle spread and would you build it the same next time? Thanks!
Myself,I think I have 3 now.I believe I would add another.I have mine set out about 4 to 5 feet.The only change I would make would be to make more of a basket with the 1/2 pvc.So cover will lay flat more in saddle.Mine now want's to droop down between saddles.That was the reason of putting the smaller pvc on bottom.

I love the ideas of the saddle and see mentioned here Intex owners making them as well. How will you sit it on the small top rails we have? I would love one. Dragging my cover off onto a tarp then lifting it off the ground is quite difficult for me on bad arm days and this seems like a great solution. I also have an Intex but cannot picture how to sit them on the walls without adding too much pressure. A hardsided AG seems perfect for this but that is not what I have.

connie said:
I love the ideas of the saddle and see mentioned here Intex owners making them as well. How will you sit it on the small top rails we have? I would love one. Dragging my cover off onto a tarp then lifting it off the ground is quite difficult for me on bad arm days and this seems like a great solution. I also have an Intex but cannot picture how to sit them on the walls without adding too much pressure. A hardsided AG seems perfect for this but that is not what I have.
Site&fit..I would say you could do without the top part&just use some pvc elbow's.Fit them like a upside down U.You would have to mount them on the upright's because of the soft side's of pool.

Looks like something that I need to make. Thanks for the idea! Good winter project for me.

Since I too have an Intex, I'm thinking about using 1-1/2" x 1" x 1-1/2" Tees trimmed for both the top rail and uprights of the pool.

I'll keep this thread in mind when I get to it later on this year, and post pics of the progress and finished product.

thebrat said:
How did you store this during the off season?

I haven't stored it yet. The Brackets will easily come off and go in my shed. The smaller pvc rails, I didn't glue them together, so hopefully it will fit in my shed. If not, I'll cut them down a bit and connect them again in the spring with straight connectors.

We did a total copycat of this solar cover hanger and it is great! Easy to put together and works great without having to drill anything into my pool supports! Best of all, in the last two days since I have been using my solar cover, my pool temp has gone from 78 to 88! I am back in the water!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.