Howell MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello, I thought I would just post that someone in the Home assistant community has developed a some communications to talk directly to the Hayward Omni. This used to be dependent upon a cloud account and interaction, but the local control is directly controlled from Home assistant. Much faster response than Cloud control for lights, valves, pump speeds etc.

Reactions: twillux
What do you think?
Currently out of town so have only had a little bit of time to play with the local integration. So far it’s a great implementation; all of my equipment came in immediately, seems to have a majority of the functionality as the cloud one, plus a bit more though still missing a few niche options like ORP capability, distinction between Colorlogic versions, etc.

This new integration is still a very early release but is under active development. From what I’ve seen so far I don’t know that I’d switch full time to it just yet, and it didn’t coexist very well with the cloud version: all cloud communication stopped updating as soon as I enabled the local polling. I’d contributed a bit to the cloud integration and will definitely be looking to do the same to the local! Thanks again for sharing; I think in a few more versions this is going to be the go-to way to control the Omnilogic without the need to rely on Hayward’s cloud servers.

Currently out of town so have only had a little bit of time to play with the local integration. So far it’s a great implementation; all of my equipment came in immediately, seems to have a majority of the functionality as the cloud one, plus a bit more though still missing a few niche options like ORP capability, distinction between Colorlogic versions, etc.

This new integration is still a very early release but is under active development. From what I’ve seen so far I don’t know that I’d switch full time to it just yet, and it didn’t coexist very well with the cloud version: all cloud communication stopped updating as soon as I enabled the local polling. I’d contributed a bit to the cloud integration and will definitely be looking to do the same to the local! Thanks again for sharing; I think in a few more versions this is going to be the go-to way to control the Omnilogic without the need to rely on Hayward’s cloud servers.
It works pretty good as long as you dont set it up to poll rate at the lowest setting (5 sec). The Hayward cloud only polls for information ~10 seconds. So it's possible that the controller just can't be polled at 5 secs and operate with the cloud simultaneously.

I was helping test some of the equipment that I had. I know we didn't have any body with an ORP system to test and verify.

You could open a ticket with the developer and participate with some of the unique equipment you have.

It's current state is much better than dealing with Hayward outages and the delays of working with the cloud when controlling g lights or pump speeds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.