Hole size too small for my umbrella in pool deck

I purchased a larger umbrella that has roughly a 1.9" diameter hole, unfortunately I didnt realize until I threw away all packaging etc. Is there some type of taper or adapter I can get to allow me to use the larger 1.9" diameter umbrella to fit in the 1.75" or "standard" size hole that is built into the pool deck?

So if I'm understanding correctly, the hole is recessed into the pool shelf. You might be able to find some type of PVC fitting or combination of fittings to allow for a 2" opening but that would all occur above the shelf level. If you happen to know a welder they could make an adapter from stainless steel, or find a machine shop...very easy to do with the right tools and materials.

This was the same problem I had, if you go to Grainger.com or one of their stores(if one is in your area) look under raw materials for plastic rod stock. They have several sizes in diameter and length to choose from. The solid plastic rod stock is very sturdy and I used a 3- 4 foot section that I was able to place in the baja shelf umbrella sleeve. I then placed the umbrella pole over the plastic rod and drilled 2 holes through the umbrella and rod and placed 2 stainless steel bolts/nuts to secure them together. If you use a bolt like I did, make sure it is above the waterline of the umbrella.

1-1/4” pvc has a OD of 1.66” and 1-1/2 has an OD of 1.90”

i would stick a length of 1-1/4” pipe into the hole with a 1-1/4” to 1-1/2” adapter on the end of it.

This was the same problem I had, if you go to Grainger.com or one of their stores(if one is in your area) look under raw materials for plastic rod stock. They have several sizes in diameter and length to choose from. The solid plastic rod stock is very sturdy and I used a 3- 4 foot section that I was able to place in the baja shelf umbrella sleeve. I then placed the umbrella pole over the plastic rod and drilled 2 holes through the umbrella and rod and placed 2 stainless steel bolts/nuts to secure them together. If you use a bolt like I did, make sure it is above the waterline of the umbrella.

1c979619d1ce4b072965842d1eeb513c.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.