Hole on the bottom of intex liner

Gunner67

Jul 28, 2020
CT
Folks,I have a small hole on the bottom of my liner caused by a tiny rock that was not removed before we filled the pool. The pool is on a cement slab and has been sitting with that rock for about 2 months now. I think the vacuum finally nicked it. It is a tiny puncture. What is the best way to go about fixing this hole. I really only need it to last for a few more weeks. I ordered flex tape, but would love suggestions. Do I use the patch that came with the pool, I would need to get some glue then. If so, what glue. Do you think I could just throw some tape over the hole with the rock still under it. Should I remove the rock by enlarging the hole and then taping it. Since it's on the bottom of the pool, I can only tape it from the inside and not both sides. Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm not sure about the flex tape but you should be able to buy a patch kit with glue at your local pool store or box hardware store if they carry pool supplies or possibly Walmart if they still have pool supplies. I don't know if I would cut the liner any more to remove the rock but you could double patch it for more protection.

Reactions: Chad1979
If you don't remove the rock, you run the risk of it tearing the patch. If possible, I'd probably drain, remove the rock, then apply your patch and refill. They do make wet patches. I've recently bought one at our local Rural King to repair a pool float.

If you don't remove the rock, you run the risk of it tearing the patch. If possible, I'd probably drain, remove the rock, then apply your patch and refill. They do make wet patches. I've recently bought one at our local Rural King to repair a pool float.
Thanks! I'd really rather not drain it, only a few more weeks left to the season, but I might...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.