Hole in the sidewall of my inground pool 🥺help!

susiegirl

Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2020
Forest Grove Oregon
I have 20x40 inground pool, it’s gunite from what I’ve been told.
It’s old, built in 76-77. I know the pool hasn’t been resurfaced in many years.
I know at least 18 years.
I had a family use the pool today, and I noticed that after they left there was a hole in the pool. It looks like a kick. It’s pretty good size maybe 4” around? Water is not escaping into the hole. I found that odd. Is there a way to patch the hole until after the swim season? I know it’s time to get some serious work done on it.
I live in Oregon, and it’s tough to find a qualified repair person. Hopefully someone on here can recommend someone.

It looks like the plaster is delaminating. I am guessing a complete replaster is in your future. You could probably limp along for this season but keep a close eye on your water level. Problem with delaminations like this is they tend to spread. I am not sure there is any short-term fix. Any fix would require lowering the water level to at least below the delam point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.