Higher ppm chlorine to keep clear water

I know my chlorine should between 3 and 5. My problem is my water is clearest at 7 and 8. When I let it Drop down it starts getting cloudy around 5. All other levels are in range. Why is this happening?

Thanks

Post all your numbers, especially CYA. If you look at the chlorine cya chart, Chlorine / CYA Chart - Trouble Free Pool the only CYA level where 3-5 is recommended is 20, which is considered too low.

T,

I have a saltwater pool and always try to keep my FC at my target or higher... I never want to get close to my minimum, so I do not try to keep my FC between the min and my target.. Running a little high is never a problem, while dropping too low certainly is..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I too have a SWG and with an auto cover my FC always runs high. Usually in the 7-9 range and if I don’t pay attention for a day or two it can creep higher than that. I used to fret about keeping my FC in range. Now I don’t. So as @Jimrahbe says never worry if it is too high. My water is gin clear and looks and feels great. SLAM the pool and then keep your FC above 7.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.