TN_Adriane

Jun 16, 2023
Greeneville, Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I have the TF100 test kit just got done with slam few days ago. I hadn’t checked PH during the slam. But initially I balanced everything out pool math, TFP recommended levels in the middle on all levels. PH 7.2 when started slam didn’t lower it. All levels are still good keeping FC within normal levels now not slam.

FC 4
CC 0
TA 120
CH 125
CYA 30
PH 7.2 still before and after slam
CSI -.61

I have read and re-read pool basics and chemistry levels.
I also read the further discussions on TA/PH.
I know PH if 7.2 is fine and TA of 120 not hurting anything focus on PH.
But my CSI level is just out at -.61.

So do I bother with lowering TA and aerate PH?

Post card that came with test kit said 100-120 for manual chlorinated pools. When I entered it on pool math was when I seen it should be like 80.

So of course I went straight to TFP forum for help! 😃

Big thing is from everything I’ve read on here is that my PH should be rising because of it and it’s not, not a bit since getting levels where they should be 3 weeks ago…

CSI isn’t a concern with vinyl pools. Your levels look great and I wouldn’t do anything (except I do like to run my FC a little ‘hotter’ to stay away from the danger zone).

The higher TA recommendation with the kit comes from Taylors standard recommendation, which is ultimately assuming you’re using acidic trichlor pucks to chlorinate and need more of a buffer.

Assuming you’re not using those “pucks”, a lower TA will typically help prevent too much pH rise.

But since you aren’t seeing pH rise to begin with, no need to change a thing. If you do see your pH drift up, when it gets to 7.8-8, add some muriatic acid to bring it back down to 7.2. Rinse and repeat.

As an aside - If you happen to cover your pool, the pH rise is wayyyyy slower from my experience.

Reactions: cledee
Nope just liquid chlorine!
I’ll raise FC up to 6 which is according to pool math the high end for CYA of 30.

Def don’t want problems later on. Better safe than sorry.

I do cover my pool in winter but no other time no solar cover.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Reactions: magiteck
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.